Tuesday 19 July 2011

Mini Downhill Style!

,
I've been fed up and sat in the house over the weekend as the weather has been utter crap. It's been raining and storming all weekend which has prevented me from going mountain biking. On Monday night I set my alarm for half seven AM. I just thought, Sack it! I'm going to go out tomorrow whatever the weather!
I woke up tired, stumbled down stairs had my fruit and fibre, cup of coffee and a big glass of water. I then went back upstairs now feeling less tired, took a shower and got dressed into my mountain bike gear and finally sorted out my camelbak. I knew there would be a high chance of rain so I stuck my Irn Bru Jersey on and packed a coat for if the sky turned gnarly. I set off at about ten past nine. Quickly, I adopted a steady pace along the tarmac and fire roads. I reached Captain Cooks Monument at quarter to ten feeling pretty fresh still. I took a nice single track trail along towards a trail which I like to call 'The Rock' (See Below)




I rode this trail but didn't ride the rock itself because it was wet and I didn't want to wake up in A&E. As I got to the end of this trail I rode along a fire road style track to get the beginning of a new-found track which I wanted to try. I don't know what this track is called but I see it as a kind of mini downhill track. It's quite hidden and out of the way but it's a fun little track to ride. 

I had been there before today but not ridden any of the big jumps in the track due to me still being on my Scott Hardtail. I thought today would be a good day to come here with my new full suspension bike. The biggest jump in this trail is a big step down jump. It took me a few nervous run-ups until I finally did it. It was the landing which was putting me off. It was probably one of the steepest landings I've ever done. Unfortunately I was on my own so no-one was there to film the jump. Anyway here are some crappy phone pics:


The Step Down


Take off...


Big enough :)


Steep Landing

0 comments to “Mini Downhill Style!”

Post a Comment